English 229: How do I Write a Peer and Self Review?
Develop a guiding structure on how to write a Peer Review.
- Read and discuss one article about peer reviews and one article about self-assessments
- Examine and Evaluate sample reviews
- Practice writing either a peer review or self-assessment
1. Read Articles
- Spend 7 minutes reading through the articles and noting points that stick out to you.
- Discuss in groups of 2 or 3. What points stood out to you from the articles? What is the goal and purpose of a peer review? Without looking at the articles, what are tips on how to write a peer review and what are tips on how to write a self-assessment? How do you personally receive feedback (positively or negatively)?
2. Examine and Evaluate Examples
- Examine 2 real life peer review examples and for each identify strengths and areas for improvement.
3. Practice Writing
- Write a Self-Assessment OR Write a Peer Review for someone you know well or have worked together on a project.
- After finishing, use the articles as a checklist to see if there is anything you can improve upon.